The International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR) has posted the initial schedule for many of the educational sessions for the virtual version of its 2020 IIAR Natural Refrigeration Conference & Heavy Equipment Expo, which will take place over a three-week period between May 18 and June 5.
The content of a number of scheduled sessions has yet to be confirmed.
The original event, scheduled to take place March 15-18 at the Rosen Shingle Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel and Convention Center in Orlando, Florida (U.S.), was cancelled on March 11 amid escalating concerns about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The conference and expo are focused largely on ammonia and CO2 refrigeration in the industrial and commercial sectors.
The online event will include presentations of all technical sessions, workshops, technomercials, the “Sunday Educational Event” and panels that were scheduled for the Orlando Conference. Attendees will be eligible for education and PDH (professional development hour) credits.
Over the three-week online conference period, registrants will be able to attend all conference presentations. “Unlike our face-to-face conferences that sometimes require choosing between competing programs, no online sessions will be held simultaneously,” said the IIAR Executive Committee. Sessions will be recorded and made available to view on-demand after June 5.
The online conference will also provide all exhibitors at the original conference with promotional and contact opportunities to anyone who clicks on a “virtual exhibit booth,” which will be promoted throughout the year.
The educational sessions include technomercials by GEA, Heatcraft, Evapco, Baltimore Aircoil, Dräger, Guntner and Colmac Coil.
Other key sessions include (times EDT):
- May 18, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Panel #2: Code and Regulatory Panel – IIAR Government Affairs and Code Update – Lowell Randel, IIAR ; Jeff Shapiro, International Code Consultants (Sponsored by Evapco)
- May 19, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Repeated May 29, 10:00 AM – 11:00AM) Technical Paper #3: Transcritical CO2 and Ammonia: Energy Efficiency and Basic Capital Cost Comparison for Industrial Refrigeration Systems – Giacomo Pisano, Dorin, USA– (Sponsored by Republic Refrigeration)
- May 19, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Technical Paper #1: CFD Simulation of NH3 Release and Detection in Refrigerated Spaces (Results of the IIAR/ARF Research Project) – William Greulich, Kensington Consulting (Sponsored by CTI – Calibration Technologies, Inc.)
- May 28, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Repeated June 2, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM) Workshop #7: Transcritical CO2Applications in the Latin-American Industrial Refrigeration Market / Aplicaciones transcríticas de CO2en el mercado latinoamericano de refrigeración industrial – Mauricio Baena, Hillphoenix South America
- June 5, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Secondary Coolant Systems Education Program(Sponsored by Cimco Refrigeration)
The full schedule can be found here.
Unlike our face-to-face conferences that sometimes require choosing between competing programs, no online sessions will be held simultaneously.IIAR