shecco, producer of ATMOsphere events on natural refrigerants around the world for the past decade, will be holding its first virtual ATMOsphere Asia conference on November 17-18, allowing speakers, sponsors and attendees to participate safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. (shecco is publisher of this website.)
ATMOsphere Asia will be free to attend, thanks to a partnership with the Cold Chain Innovation Hub (CCI-Hub), a Manila-based center for sustainable HVAC&R technology exhibitions and training. The conference will focus on the food cold chain in the Philippines.
“We’re very excited to be holding ATMOsphere Asia 2020 in a digital format this year,” said Jan Dusek, Chief Operating Officer & Head of Asia Pacific, shecco. “The online format – along with free admission thanks to the partnership with the CCI-Hub – will help raise awareness of natural refrigerant-based technologies and opportunities with an even wider audience this year, in a way that is easy to access and safe.”
ATMOsphere Asia 2020 will feature speakers from a wide range of key organizations in the food cold chain sector, including government, end users, international and domestic experts, associations and organizations, as well as major technology suppliers and manufacturers.
shecco has held annual ATMOsphere Asia conferences at physical locations in several cities over the past decade, including Bangkok, Singapore, and Tokyo. The conference attracts hundreds of stakeholders dealing with natural refrigerant systems, including end users, contractors, manufacturers, consultants, engineers, architects, policy makers, academics, NGOs, and more.
For information on the program, click here.
To register, click here.
The Gold sponsor for the event is German-based OEM Teko. The Silver sponsor is Swedish manufacturer Beijer Ref. Bronze sponsors include Nidec Global Appliance, Temprite and Carel.
- Welcome Message: Engr. William P. Cuñado, Director, Philippine Department of Environment and Natural Resources – Environmental Management Bureau
- Keynotes: Toby Peters, Engineering and Physical Sciences Professor in Cold Economy, University of Birmingham; and Dimitris Karamitsos, Senior Energy Efficiency Business Developer, Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy (BASE)
- Market Trends: Devin Yoshimoto, APAC Editor, shecco
- End Users: Jairus Ferrer, Founder and CEO, Umá by iFarms, Inc.; Ar. Edson Mendoza, Royal Duty Free Shops & Emilio Gonzalez La’O, President/CEO, Cold Front Technologies Asia; Alexander C. Losaria, Cold Chain & Food Service Operations Head, Monde Nissin; and Wilfredo T. Salazar, Senior Vice President, Frabelle Cold Storage Corporation
- State of the Industry Panel: Raquel Echague, OIC-Director, Resource-Based Industries Service, Philippine Department of Trade and Industry, Board of Investments; and Cherrie Atilano, Founding Farmer, CEO and President, AGREA International
- Policy & Standards: Onofre Escota & Joylan Babia, Environmental Quality Management Division, Philippine Department of Environment and Natural Resources – Environmental Management Bureau; and Maraida Licerio, Senior Advisor for Climate Change Mitigation, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Training: Franziska Menten, Project Coordinator, Montreal Protocol Division, United Nations Industrial Development Organization; Manuel P. Azucena, Director, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Technicians for Development of the Philippines; and Cesar Lim, ASHRAE Philippines & IIAR
- Suppliers Panels: Andreas Meier, Managing Director, Teko; Eason Cheng, Marketing Manager – Refrigeration, Asia Pacific, CAREL; Inderpal (Indy) Saund, Business Development Manager Asia Pacific, Beijer Ref; and Li Hong, Embraco Asia Pacific Sales, Nidec Global Appliance
The online format – along with free admission thanks to the partnership with the CCI-Hub – will help raise awareness of natural refrigerant-based technologies and opportunities with an even wider audience this year, in a way that is easy to access and safe.”Jan Dusek, shecco