At the Air Conditioning, Refrigeration Building Services (ARBS) 2020 exhibition in May, which will honor the best the nation’s local HVAC&R industry has to offer, a CO2 systems training course and an ammonia/CO2industrial refrigeration NewTon installation are in the running.
The ARBS 2020 Industry Awards, in its 10th year, aim to reward the talent in Australia that sustains the industry, fostering an environment where innovation and initiative can thrive, according to a recent ARBS press release.
A panel of industry experts evaluated nominations based on criteria such as leadership, sustainability, performance and originality and selected the finalists. Winners will be announced at a gala dinner to be held at ARBS on Wednesday, May 20, 2020. ARBS runs from May 19-21.
Sue Falcke, ARBS Exhibition Manager, said the industry is constantly evolving to meet the needs of a changing landscape, which is reflected in the lineup of finalists this year.
The finalists in five categories are:
ARBS Project Excellence Award
- NewTon Plant Installation – Tri Tech Refrigeration Australia and Mayekawa
- The Woolworths Energy Management Centre – Bueno and Woolworths
- 177 Pacific Hwy – Fredon
ARBS Outstanding Industry Education/Training Award
- CO2 Systems Training Course – Kirby and SCM Frigo
- Professional Diploma of Building Services, HVAC&R – AIRAH
- HVAC Centre of Excellence – AMCA
ARBS Young Achiever Award
- Chris Stamatis – CopperTree Analytics
- Grace Foo – DeltaQ
- Abraham Corona – TechIN
ARBS Product Excellence Award
- Temperzone Australia – OPA2100 Eco ULTRA
- Shepherd Filters – Shepherd Filters
- Actrol – DC-3 Smart Refrigeration System
ARBS Software/Digital Excellence Award
- Kaizen – CopperTree Analytics
- Smart Access Cylinder Management and Gas2Go App – Kirby
- Bueno Platform – Bueno